Hi! I’m Kasandra, the designer and builder behind Down Bliss Lane projects. Sometimes I need a little help, so my husband, Taylor, gets roped into doing some heavy lifting. I think we make a great team, and he mostly just thinks that my projects are a total pain the the butt.
Where did Down Bliss Lane come from?
First and foremost, I’ve always enjoyed writing. As a little girl, I kept very detailed and embarrassing journals (which I hope my mom found and burned – all of them). In high school and college, the composition and English classes were my favorite, though I graduated college with a degree in business.
In college, I worked in a furniture store as a saleswoman for three years. I helped decorate and arrange showrooms, which I think is where I found my love for home décor. I realized how different a space could look with different arrangements, décor, colors, etc. A few times, I even got to help clients design spaces in their homes.
During this same time, I realized how expensive some décor pieces could be, and wondered about my ability to make it on my own. I began trying small projects, like refinishing furniture I already had and attempting to build very small pieces. These were mostly futile attempts, as I didn’t have a very good space to work in (I had a tiny rental and no garage) and basically no tools.
Fast forward through college graduation, our wedding, and a job at a bank, Taylor and I moved into our “dream” home in 2015. It’s 10 miles in the country and we have a two car garage that serves as my woodworking space. I have borrowed/inherited tools from my dad and tons of ambition to DIY as much of my home as I can.
5 Fun Facts About Me!
- My dream is to be able to sit on my porch every morning and watch the sun come up, cup of coffee and a good book in hand.
- I’m a terrible cook (unless it’s homemade pizza!), but I enjoy baking.
- I work outside the home as the clerk of a school district.
- When decorating, I try to channel my inner Joanna Gaines. (<3 Fixer Upper!)
- I am 10 and almost 16 years older than my two younger brothers, who are my two favorite boys in the whole world (besides the two I live with). 🙂